April Action 6 / 10 – Hear Our Vote
Action Ridge Minutes from Monday 4/10/2017
We promote principles of democracy: inclusion, respect, equity and the health of our plant. Truth Matters!
1) Communications – General discuss to create a history or general information about the group to provide to new members and those being added to the email list. This will help explain how the small groups work, how information is best disseminated to all and be included in the Facebook page as well as Website.
a. Email to the full group – Jan will update the list with names and correct emails. The email list is a great way to access a directory without too much additional work. We will ask the group to delete old emails and use the new, updated list. Updates to the list will come out weekly as needed.
b. Emails from the small groups – Small group leaders have been updated – see below. New people will get these emails and we will continue the practice of sending information to the point person so a concise and bullet point email with easy to follow action steps can go to the full group.
c. Facebook- Nora is doing a great job with Facebook and Cheri has offered to help administer this area. The suggestion to add our history/general information here as well as offer to add a person to the email list was made.
d. Website – Denise suggested at least setting up a showcase site to hold a page for our group, cost about $30 or so annually. Linda and Kate will look into more details about this and update us at the next meeting.
2) Broaden our scope by inviting others & working with existing groups; meet with PROP – Kathy will stay in touch with PROP as they determine their direction.
3) Voter registration drive/Engage in Hear Our Vote: Added a voter registration group below. Can check into already established groups for events we can volunteer with. Will consider presence as time and opportunity present themselves at places like the Farmers Market and Concerts in the Park.
4) Next Meeting Date and Place – May 8th 7:30 – 9:00 at Park Ridge Community Church
5) Review areas of interest – Each area gave an overview of their activity since the last meeting. Many marches are coming up so be on the lookout for details to gather and attend together. Below are some updates to groups and point people. We will also discuss adding a speaker or movie viewing event in the future.
a. Women’s Issues – Beth, Nan & Kate
b. Immigration – Tom, Cathy & Denise
c. Education – Bill and Chris
d. Environment – Chris, Jane, Cathy
e. Identify our administrators/organizers – Liz , Jan & Nora
f. Health Care – Luan , Trudy, Lori and Marilyn
g. Housing – Nan & Kristin
h. Civil Rights – Lori and Tina
i. Voter Registration – Debbie, Lois and Denise