Action Ridge; Thursday, 10/11/2018, 7:00
100 Courtland Ave – Lower Level
We promote principles of Democracy: inclusion, Respect, Equity and the Health of our Planet. Truth Matters!
7:00-7:20 Presentation of awards to school children for the Get Out the Vote poster contest by Roger Micus, who generously gave the money for the prizes.
7:20-7:45 Review of Gun Violence Prevention efforts
- Run-down of the Coalition phone calls.
- Petitions urging Governor Rauner to sign SB 337, the Gen Dealer Licensing Act—pass out petitions to get others to sign.
- Report regarding the donations for The Institute for NonViolence—rescheduled the canoe trip
- Description of the presentation by Tara Dabney and her partner at the Community Church luncheon
- Positive response from Kathleen Sances of G-PAC regarding speaking at our November meeting
7:45—8:15 Taking action and encourage Voting.
- Report on registering voters at the Senior Living Centers and Maine South High School
- Plans to follow up with voter education
- Run-down of the meeting to explain the District 207 referendum
- Details of the March to the Polls on October 13th
- Pledge to become involved in one action to ‘get out the vote’, including canvassing neighborhoods.
8:15-8:45 Update from the Candidate Forum on 9/27 held by the LWVPR
8:45-9:00 Encouraging words and sing-along
Next Meeting: November 8th—Kathleen Sances of G-PAC