Agenda for Action Ridge
December 13, 2018
The Community Church
100 Courtland Ave.
- Introduction of Jac Charlier of “Unity in Community”– Jac is a community organizer as a private citizen and in his professional role with the State Department.
- Discussion of ways that his organization promotes racial justice
- View the Power Point from SURJ , which stands for “Showing up for Racial Justice”. SURJ focuses on promoting a deeper understanding of the effects of White Privilege and Supremacy on attempts to achieve racial justice.
- Discuss the questions that the power point raises.
- Description of the trip to deliver gifts to the Institute for NonViolence Chicago and discussion of the feelings attached to being philanthropical
- Reminder of the dates and times for volunteering at the Holiday Store—14th from 11:00-7:00 and the 15th from 12:00-5:00
- Progress of the ERA
- Discussion of the use of “dark money” to support candidates
- Introduction of candidates running for office in the spring
Next meeting on January 10—guest speaker, Kathleen Sances, CEO of G-PAC the Political Action Committee to reduce gun violence