Save the date for our next General Meeting and these other AR events:
February 15 – The Next Action Ridge General Meeting with Go Green and Green Drinks in-person & virtual.
February 24 – Diversity Discussion Group
March 9 – General Meeting
ENVIRNOMENT & SUSTAINABILITY
Thank you Tim Milburn and Jeanne Wells for leading this effort to care for the health of our planet. Here are some steps toward change that they shared at last month’s meeting:
- Get involved with your community’s Go Green group or town’s environmental commission.
- FaceBook has a platform called Buy Nothing where neighbors give away or request items with no money exchanged. Look for a local group.
- Donate broken crayons, books, surplus office supplies, and more to SCARCE.
- Check out SWANCC’s Educational Resources – videos, brochures, guides, recycling and composting guidelines, and more.
- JOIN US TUESDAY 2/15 FOR OUR ACTION RIDGE MEETING FOCUSED ON ENVIRNOMENT & SUSTAINABILITY ISSUES!
DIVERSITY DISCUSSION GROUP
Thursday, Feb. 24 at 7:00 pm will be our virtual discussion of What the Eyes Don’t See: A Story of Crisis, Resistance, and Hope in an American City by Mona Hanna-Attisha. (Hopefully, books will be available at the book club checkout soon). Paced like a scientific thriller, this book shows how misguided austerity policies, the withdrawal of democratic government, and callous bureaucratic indifference placed the entire city of Flint, Michigan at risk. And at the center of the story is Dr. Mona herself–an immigrant, doctor, scientist, and mother whose family’s activist roots inspired her pursuit of justice.
On Wed., Feb. 9 at 5:00 pm you may want to join the UIC Public Health community for its annual Learning Series virtual event featuring Dr. Mona Hanna-Attisha.
Hope to see you there. If you have any questions, you can contact Karen Banks-Lubicz at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for all the ways you are taking action to promote principles of democracy! Onward together, Nan and Liz